Clinics & Services
General medical services to permanent and temporary patients registered with the practice, and those requiring immediately necessary treatment within core hours (08:00 - 18:30).
- Child health surveillance services
- Cervical screening services
- Contraceptive services
- Vaccinations and immunisations
- Childhood vaccinations and immunisations
- Maternity medical services
- Minor surgery
- Extended minor surgery
- IUS (coil fitting) and SDI (Contraceptive implants)
- Anti-coagulation monitoring
- Extended opening hours
- Phlebotomy services (withdrawal of blood for testing)
- For patients in care homes
- Flu, pneumonia and other contagious disease vaccinations
- For patients with learning disabilities
- Community ECGs
- 24 hour Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- NHS Health Checks (by invitation only)
General medical services
Three Yearly Checks
Patients who have not been seen by a health professional for over three years can request a health check with one of our practice nurses. During this check you will undergo a routine physical examination e.g. height, weight, blood pressure and urinalysis, along with an update of your general health.
Over 75 Years Check
Patients over 75 years of age, who have not been seen by a health professional for over twelve months, can request a health check with one of our practice nurses. During this check you will undergo a routine physical examination e.g. height, weight, blood pressure and urinalysis, along with an update of your general health. Where a visit to the surgery would be inappropriate a home visit will be arranged.
Child Health Surveillance
The practice health visitors regularly check your child's development, ensure your child receives all the necessary immunisations and are available to answer your questions in the baby clinic. Alternatively you can contact them via Deal Community Clinic on: (01304) 865460, or 865457.
Family Planning Services
Including advice on all forms of contraception, emergency contraception, coil fits and counselling about both male and female sterilisation.
We hold our own family planning clinic however, details of all the clinics held in Deal and Dover can be found below.
St Richard's Road Surgery (01304) 364111
Friday 14:30 - 17:00
- Deal Hospital (01304) 865400
- Dover: Health Centre. Maison Dieu Road (01304) 865582
A wide range of minor operations are performed by the doctors in the surgery by appointment only.
Travel Advice and Immunisations
Travel immunisations are given by our practice nursing team. However, patients are required to contact MASTA (Medical Advisory Services for Travellers Abroad) to obtain up to date information regarding the vaccinations required for their destination of travel. Patients should also be aware that certain vaccinations are not free and you will be required to pay for these when you attend for your vaccination.
- MASTA travel advice line - 0906 5501402, or via their website at: www.masta.org.
For details of the nearest MASTA clinic phone: 0870 60 62782.
Remember to bring your MASTA travel advice records with you to the appointment.
Ensure you allow plenty of time to arrange your vaccinations before travelling as some courses take many weeks.
More information about travel vaccinations is available via the Travel Vaccinations tab.